We have our own agriculture farm with Hitech nursery in where we manufacture Sugarcane plants of all types and grades. We can supply sugarcane plants in bulk or as per your requirement all over India as well.
Generally sugarcane is grown by planting the seeds setts directly into the field. But some times, when the water is in short supply or the field is occupied with some other crop, buds or seed setts can be planted in polythene bags to raise nursery.
How to select Location for raising Nursery crop?
- Soil should be without problems like alkalinity, salinity, water logging etc.
- There should be adequate irrigation facility.
- The seed plots should be distributed in different divisions or sections and accessible for easy distribution.
- There should be good road facility for easy and quick transport.
- The farmers should be progressive.
- Primary nurseries should be located in the factory farm/research station farm/Government seed farm.
- Polythene bags of 10x15cm filled with soil and compost mixture (in 1:1 ratio) are arranged closely in an open space, close to water source.
- Scooped buds are at 1-2 cm depth.
- Cut sugarcane pieces with one bud can also be used for raising the nursery.
- Insert these cut pieces into the soil, filled bags up to the node level, keeping buds just touching the soil.
- Irrigate these bags twice a week. Saplings will be ready for planting in 30 days.